Thursday, August 16, 2012

NOEL GALLAGHER ON PERFORMING AT THE OLYMPICS: 'RATHER WATCH IT ON TELLY'

The Glallagher brothers are known for their temper, their antagonistic behavior and their cheeky sense of humor.  In this case It was big brother Noel Gallagher who made the Olympics organizers sweat! 


You know what else, 'Beady Eye had to ask permission to play 'Wonderwall.'



Recently the High Flying Birds frontman revealed that Beady Eye and the Olympic closing ceremony's organizers had to get his permission before he allowed them to play 'Wonderwall' at Sunday night's (August 12) closing ceremony. 

Speaking on XFM, Gallagher said that his brother's band had to re-record the track and send it to him first and that he toyed with the organizers for a while before he finally agreed to let them use the song. 

When asked about 'Wonderwall', he said: "They had to re-record it and then send it to me. I did play a bit of cat and mouse with them for a few days – I took it until Friday night at 10 o'clock before I said yes and they were shitting it."

Noel, has been keeping busy making numerous videos for his latest High Flying Owls full-length release and performing in festivals and venues across the globe. 

He made sure to clarify that it wasn't Beady Eye that was sweating it but the organizers of one of the Olympics.  

"Not Beady Eye, the organizers. Because I had to say yeah and I was like 'Meh, it's alright, I'm not sure with this new string arrangement' and they were like, 'Fuck! The gig's on Sunday,' so I was like 'OK, alright, you can have it then'."

Gallagher also confirmed that he himself was asked to perform in the ceremony, but turned it down as he didn't want to mime. 

Thank you! Mime?! What for he's a singer and a damn good one! Noel does not play like that!! 

He said of this: "I was asked to do it a long time ago and, to be frank, they were being so secretive about it. I was like, 'Who else is playing?' and they were like, 'We can't tell you, you've got to sign a confidentiality agreement' – it's like it's the Iran nuclear programme or something."

He continued: "I mean, what do they think is going to happen? ITV are going to get hold of it and put on a gig the night before with the same bill?! And then they wanted me to do it acoustically and then they wanted me to mime... and I'm all for miming in TV shows - I'm all for that - but if you're in a stadium with 80,000 people and you're pretending? I can play live!"

He continued further: "One of the organisers... I said [to him] 'Why do you want me to mime?' and he said, 'It's a big gig'. Really?! I do this shit for a living! In the end, I was just like, 'You know what? I'd rather watch it on the telly'."

For more info go to: 
http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/65529

No comments:

Post a Comment