Friday, July 20, 2012

BLINK 182: NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE #2

Blink-182’S drummer Travis Barker had his second near death experience and has since quit smoking marijuana! The pot head who swore he’s smoke weed till he died had a change of heart after he discovered he had six stomach ulcers in May of this year.

The pop-punk trio has to cancel a bunch of shows last May when Barker was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus and was taken to hospital for an emergency tonsillectomy.

Sounds crazy right?! It is! Barrett's esophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the esophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and can cause serious damage to your digestive system.

In an interview with Red Bulletin, Barker said that after he has his operation he was forced to give up smoking the Mary Jane, which he'd hoped "to do for the rest of my life".

Rockstars go too far sometimes! Speaking about his health scare, Barker said: "They found that I had six ulcers, and I had a condition called Barrett's esophagus, which is basically from really extreme acid reflux or if you excessively smoked, your esophagus lining becomes pre-cancerous. I’m sure it didn’t help that he smoked cigs, drank like a fish and who knows what else.

He’s not getting any younger so he made the decision to change his life. “I had to stop eating and drinking certain things. And I had this lump in my throat around the same time. My tonsils were three to four times the size they should have been." Yuck!

He continued: "I used to love smoking weed. I would smoke weed at night if I had anxiety. I always thought I'd be able to do that for the rest of my life, but when your health is on the line, you don't mess around. I love being a dad and I love playing music. I'm not trying to give up any of that."

Barker will sit out Blink-182's planned tour of Australia next year as the prospect of 24-hour long flight to Australia is too much for him at the moment. He was also badly injured in a 2008 plane crash that claimed the lives of four people. Someone up there must really have a soft spot for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment