Thursday, September 5, 2013

THE PIXIES RELEASE MORE NEW MUSIC W/ OUT KIM DEAL

With or without Kim Deal, the show Pixies show go on! The Pixies' recent four-track 'EP-1' is just the first in a series of mini-releases that the band will put out over the next 15 months, according to reports.
The band have plans to sporadically release more music throughout 2013 and 2014, with frontman Black Francis stating that they could only carry on touring with "some kind of new story".
"If we’re going to keep touring like this, we need some kind of new story, a new life, something," he said. Speaking about the track 'Indie Cindy' from the EP, meanwhile, he added: "It's all about self-doubt. It says to the audience: 'I don't know if this romance has still got what it needs to happen again. I don’t know if you'll accept me; I don't know if I accept you. But we have this memory. Can we do it again?'"
Although the band have not revealed how many more EPs there will be in the series, The New York Times says that they will all be released via the Pixies' website with no prior notice and will feature artwork from their long-time designer Vaughan Oliver.

Guitarist Joey Santiago, meanwhile, also spoke about the recent departure of bassist Kim Deal and suggested he was keen for her exit not to overshadow the band's future plans. "It took us three days to mourn about it," he said. "I hate to say it, but I'm not going to let one snafu get in the way. It's time to put on the guitar. It's time to shine. No-one is going to take that away from me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment