Wednesday, September 4, 2013

NOEL GALLAGHER PUNKS RIHANNA

Here’s another reason why I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Noel Gallagher and why he makes me laugh so hard. The singer has called out Rihanna for travelling with a large entourage, comparing the pop singer's crew to a "fucking small army".
The former Oasis man ran into Rihanna's large team of advisers and assistants when the two artists were on the same bill at the Holmenkollen Sommerfestival in Oslo, Norway last year.

"I don't have an entourage, and when I do it's pathetic. Never more than two people," Gallagher said in an interview with GQ. "I was at a festival in Norway and Rihanna's just arrived with a hundred people. Fucking small army. And I had to go into this room, which was all just racks of clothing and stuff that designers and punters had brought to give to Rihanna. And they all had these cards in front of them, saying: 'Dear Rihanna, we are such huge fans, please accept this $90,000 handbag from whoever and whoever'."
So what did Gallagher do?  He paid a visit to Rihanna's room of gifts inspired him to lavish the singer with a present of his own. 
"And I'm reading all these cards as I'm waiting to go in," he recalled, "so I went back to my dressing room and got the little bowl of Cadbury's Sensations and left it there on her table with a card saying 'Dear Rihanna, please accept these chocolates on behalf of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'. And she took them. She fucking took them."

Meanwhile, Gallagher was presented with the prestigious Icon prize -cause he’s a bad ass- at last night's GQ Men Of The Year Awards, where other winners included Arctic Monkeys, Lou Reed, Elton John and The Who's Roger Daltrey. - 

No comments:

Post a Comment