Thursday, September 27, 2012

NOEL GALLAGHER VS LIAM GALLAGHER: NME 60TH ANNIVERSARY


He went on to add: "There was one point when Beady Eye was out, but I wasn’t doing anything, and Liam was on the cover of NME every few weeks, basically saying, 'Noel's a cunt.'I can't believe NME has been aound for 60 years! Thank you NME for offerring the best of all the music that is good and everything I miss in the UK. The new edition has some awesome funny shit in it!  For example the fact that Noel Gallagher revealed that he buys NME whenever his brother Liam is on the front cover – so he can find out how his old bandmate has been "slagging" him off.

Speaking in the special collector's edition of the magazine, the High Flying Birds man said that it had amused him to read the verbal attacks launched against him by his former Oasis cohort.

When asked if he still bought the magazine, Gallagher – who claimed earlier this month that he 
wouldn't reform Oasis even if "all the staving children in the world depended on it" - replied:
I buy NME when Liam's on the front – 'cos I know he'll be slagging me off.

"I'd go into the newspaper shop and me two Asian mates, they'd be reading it under counter," he continued. "'You come for this?' I'd see them wincing: 'It's not a good one…' 'I know.' 'I don’t think he likes you very much.' 'Yeah, I don't think he likes anyone very much.'"
Gallagher is just one of the eight iconic cover stars on this week's special collectors issue, with his younger sibling Liam, Arctic Monkeys, Patti Smith, John Lydon, Manic Street Preachers, The Killers and Paul Weller completing the set.

Inside, all eight cover stars reflect on their relationship with 
NME over the last 60 years – the high times, low times and all the hilarious moments. It's also packed with interviews from Kasabian, Green Day, Biffy Clyro and Beth Ditto talking through their favourite ever NME covers. 
http://www.nme.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment