Thursday, January 5, 2012

BJ Panda Bear: the Sparkle of the Party

BJ Panda Bear is a young Hollywood socialite, DJ, blogger and event coordinator, who throws amazingly fun parties, hosts fabulous outlandish soirees and writes an  kick-ass blog. Hs a complete and utter extrovert, with an out-of-this-world- style, who always has a smile on his face and is ready to show you a good time. BJ brings a unique sparkle to L.A.’s party scene, to say the least. That's why its so fitting he be the first wild one we feature in 2012. Read more to find out why…


Pseudo name/s:
BJ Panda Bear but I’m thinking of changing the pronunciation from BEE JAY PAND-DAH B-AIR to BEEG PAN-DAH B-AIR, in fact I’m using this to be my chance to announce that from now on I will still be known as BJ Panda Bear but the pronunciation of BJ is BeeJ

Best of L.A.?
Every corner has its beauty in LA from the tacky yet divine streets of Hollywood to driving on Melrose when the shops are closed and seeing an array of scattered alphabets lining the shops. I love the poetic embodiment of seeing the Hollywood dream metaphorically represented in the hustling waiters/actors at the overpriced restaurants. The true unity of the broke ass hipster drinking their PBR at the tables of affluent bottle serviced cokeheads.  Hollywood at night time downtown in the afternoon and the spiraling hide outs in the hills stretching from Echo Park to Malibu.

Worst of L.A.?
The gridlock traffic at 7PM, girls in sausage dresses from forever 21 (or Bebe or BCBG) lining the streets drunk and unkempt in fake Louboutins as their steroid prone boyfriends attempt to pay their way in to a mega club ON FRIDAYS OR SATURDAYS.
Anything else?
 Hollywood at night time, feeling alone at night time though you know every single person in the room.

What new projects do you have on the horizon?
a mockumentary documentary I can’t say much on it, an abstracted art punk short film, a few guest spots DJing, working on my boxing, a musical collaboration with a few amazing people involving a dirty buzz word from the early '00, a few new club nights in the fall that are gonna be 90's and band driven and a few other multimedia thingies.

Claim to fame?
Still waiting for a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. first

How did you get onto hosting and coordinating events? Is this what you plan as a career?
I’m not fully sure if this is a career but I have low tolerance for authority I like to piss off the adults and I constantly need to be creative otherwise I think I’d end up in the loony bin or worse an office, suited and tied to my bosses authoritative dick.  Even worse there would be no passionate violent sex just mediocre moments of staff meetings and warnings of sexual harassment.

You from LA?
I’m from LA and love Los Angeles; I even hope to die here… not soon though.

What’s the first thing you think about in the morning?
How much do I weigh? Why am I so exhausted? Shouldn't this hang over feel worse? Where should I go for lunch… with who should I go to lunch?

What’s your biggest fear?
Rotting alive, Ebola, flesh eating anything, nuclear warfare, and boredom at a party.

Your favorite way to relax?
A dry cocktail with friends and loud music/ snuggling/ drinking some champagne in a unitard and retarded jacket as I dance around the television box while it is blasting food network.

Philosophy on life?
FUCK THEM ALL/ EXPLOIT YOURSELF BEFORE ITS DONE TO YOU/ NEVER EVER SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY/ DONT LET HOLDING IN SHIT SLOWLY CLOG YOUR RELATIONSHIPS, IT IS BETTER TO BE CONFRONTATIONAL THEN DWELL.

Favorite article of clothing?
My few drapey t-shirts that are falling apart or anything silk cotton blend

what’s your take on fashion?
There’s hopefully going be a strong shift to hyper minimalism, and the rise of the sissy man and the butch woman as a fashion statement, meaning a slightly leaned androgyny taking on more of the opposite sex in an asexual aesthetic.

For more info visit: www.BJPandaBear.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment