Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ANOTHER MUSIC ICON: 'WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE''


Wow everyone's coming back! London Suede just announced their new album and now another music icon has announced something pretty fucking special! 

I'm talking about JOHN FOGERTY’S much-anticipated new album WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE which is due for  release May 28.

I'm seriously peeing my pants because this is going to sound so AWESOME! Even if you don' know his name, chances are you have heard at least one of his songs in your lifetime and loved it! 

The album is available for pre-order in both the iTunes and Amazon stores. 


One of the album’s highlights--FOGERTY’s immortal swamp rock smash hit “Born On The Bayou” which the legendary rocker has recorded with Kid Rock--was used by NFL Network in their coverage of Super Bowl XLVII fittingly played in New Orleans.

Wrote a Song for Everyone tracklisting:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)

As FOGERTY explains in a cover story in the current (January/February) “Legends” issue of American Songwriter: “I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I’d recorded in the past. I was hoping they’d have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I’d have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new.”

JOHN FOGERTY will tour in 2013 and look for him to be at this year’s SXSW in Austin(dates/events TBA).

No comments:

Post a Comment