Friday, September 9, 2011

IGGY POP INJURED DURING SHOW

For those who weren’t aware, Iggy Pop recently cancelled a show set for September 7 at the Hollywood Palladium. The reason? The rock star sustained multiple fractures to his left foot during an Iggy and the Stooges Aug 27th headline appearance in Romania. The singer suffered the injury when he tripped over a microphone stand. Iggy cried out, "I think I have broke my foot" while performing “Search and Destroy.”
After several days of rest at his Cayman Islands home, the need for medical attention became apparent. Dr. Frank Smith of the Cayman Orthopedic Group has confirmed a pair of fractures in the metatarsal of the singer’s left foot. Iggy has been asked to cool it for 6-8 weeks. OUCH!

"I hate this, I hate like hell to cancel or postpone anything. I only saw the doctor because it hurt so ******* much and I couldn't fix it myself. Please be patient,” says the artist. “I am so excited about these dates on the left coast."
Fans of the icon were bummed when the news broke, but Pop himself assures that he will be back on stage as soon as he can.

Fans are encouraged to hold on to their tickets until a new date is announced or refunds are available at point of purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment